Margie D. Lee, DVM, PhD
Specialties and Expertise
- Biomedical sciences; Bacteriology; Clinical microbiology; Food safety microbiology
- DVM: Virginia-Maryland College of Veterinary Medicine, Virginia Tech
- MS and PhD: University of Georgia
Select Awards, Achievements, and Publications
- Lee MD, Ipharraguerre IR, Arsenault RJ, et al. Informal nutrition symposium: leveraging the microbiome (and the metabolome) for poultry production. Poult Sci. 2022;101(2):101588.
- Pedroso AA, Lee MD, Maurer JJ. Strength lies in diversity: how community diversity limits salmonella abundance in the chicken intestine. Front Microbiol. 2021;12:1584.
- Hutcheson AR, Thompson K, . . . , Lee MD. Differentiating vaccine-related fowl cholera from naturally occurring disease. Avian Dis. 2020;64(4):437-444.
- Oluwadare M, Lee MD, Grim CJ, et al. The role of the Salmonella spvB IncF plasmid and its resident entry exclusion gene traS on plasmid exclusion. Front Microbiol. 2020;11:949.
- JC Feeley Award for Environmental Microbiology, American Society for Microbiology, SE Branch, 2013
Manual Chapters and Commentaries